Friday, August 29, 2014

Roving Roving Roving Keep the Meadow Rovers Roving



Can you believe that summer is almost over?  Nights are much cooler here on the
Mountain.  There is a crispness to the air each morning as I begin to walk the trails.  However, meadow roving does not end with the Labor Day weekend.  We will continue roving until the snow sets in or mid-October...whichever comes first!  So come up and enjoy the changing seasons.  Pick some huckleberries along with the bears – they will share!

If you are wishing to camp at Longmire, please make those reservations through my e-mail (Maureen_McLean@nps.gov) or mora_meadow_rovers@nps.gov.   The meadow rover e-mail gets checked by others on my off days and may get a faster response!
Please do not call the Campground Host directly as she needs to receive the requests from the supervisors.

As I begin to write my end of season report, I would like to share your input with the Park Supervisors.  I would ask that you take some time to think about what went well roving, what issues you may have had, and what areas management needs to address.  We have definitely seen deterioration of some areas at Paradise and are looking for ideas to ameliorate the problem. Your ideas for improvements will be passed on to those making planning and resource decisions over the winter for next summer.  Please give me the good and the bad. If you have pictures you wish to share, send those too.

I am wishing you a glorious fall with a long a wonderful “Indian Summer”.

Maureen McLean
Coordinator MORA Meadow Rovers
360-569-6582

No comments: