Friday, June 24, 2016

Welcome - Mark Loper

Mount Rainier Volunteers!

The National Park Service Centennial year is in full swing and I'm happy to have joined the team here at Mount Rainier National Park. My name is Mark Loper and I am the SCA Centennial Volunteer Ambassador. I've been at the park for about 4 days soaking in the park's majesty. I've been working in Chicago at DePaul University for the past few years but nature called. I studied environmental policy and wanted to get back to my roots, working with people outdoors. Kevin has told me about the exciting volunteer opportunities available, and the great people that give their time and energy to the park. I'm excited to meet volunteers and hear your stories, passions and involvement at Mount Rainier. 
 
I'll be working with Kevin and our volunteer programs until June 2017. I'll try to stop by and say hello to as many volunteers as I can. 

Looking forward to a great year!
 
Mark

No comments: