Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Volunteer Adventures of the Past Two Weeks

Hello everyone, after a long absence (in Internet time) I've finally found a little respite to post a few choice words on the past couple of weeks. And perhaps no words better suit than these: busy, busy, BUSY! Between amphibian surveys, replanting Paradise, and the usual funny business, I just haven't had time to post on the blog. It's been so busy, I haven't had the time to report on just how busy it has been! The ultimate Catch-22. Well,my schedule has parted slightly, and now, finally, I have the chance to tell you just what has been going on.

On Friday, July 10, a group from the Point Defiance Zoo and Aquarium came down to the park and participated in an Amphibian Survey at Frog Heaven, led by SCA Intern Caitlin Kenny. Scouring the swampy land, they carefully counted the number of adult and juvenile frogs and recorded the number and size of egg masses. The even managed to find a couple of salamanders. Sounds like important work. I'm still waiting to receive pictures from one of the chaperone's with the group, but when I do I'll be sure to post them.


And I can't forget those dedicated volunteers who fought tooth and nail for parking on Saturday, July 11 and Saturday, July 18 to participate in the revegiation project at Paradise. I was up there with them on July 11th, and remain ever impressed by their enthisuiam in the face of t...soil. They were working alongside our Conservation Leadership Core friends from the SCA. I managed to snag a few pictures of the group digging away.

No comments: