A volunteer is needed, beginning immediately, to help organize a Climate Friendly Parks Workshop at Mount Rainier National Park on February 18 and 19th, 2009.
The focus of the workshop is to:
- learn about the impacts of climate change to the Cascade Mountain Range;
- discuss a range of climate friendly actions/possibilities (in areas such as alternative energy, energy conservation, solid waste reduction, environmental purchasing, transportation, and education/interpretation); and
- develop a climate friendly action plan for Mount Rainier National Park.
We intend to invite community stakeholders from all around the park to participate in this workshop with park staff. See http://www.nps.gov/climatefriendlyparks/ for more information.
Time: December 10th to Febuary 19th, a few hours here and there. No set schedule. Work possible from home as long as internet is available.
- Assisting with workshop set-up (1-2 days mid-February).
- Participating in logistics conference call (January 8th).
- Assisting with invitation lists and formatting a “save the date” flyer (2-3 days ASAP). Confirming invitees.
- Confirming speakers for workshop and answering logistical questions.
- Other duties that come up for workshop.
- Assisting with final revisions to an emissions inventory conducted in the park.
For more information, and to express interest in this position, please contact Rebecca Lofgren as soon as possible at 360-569-2211 ext. 3371 or (Corrected) firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also submit an application online.