Sunday, June 8, 2008

Those amazing geocachers

WOW! I just checked out the page for the Washington Geocachers event at Cougar Rock Campground yesterday, for National Trails Day. I am absolutely floored by the amount of work those guys accomplished! For comparison, here is what the campground amphitheater looked like when I stopped by at noon:



Now here's what it looked like at the end of the day (I've also UPDATED the image above with a photo from the exact same location):


Check out all of their photos here.

I had seriously thought maybe we wouldn't be able to do evening programs in the campground until September. It's looking a lot more optimistic now. One member of the group estimated they must have moved 50 tons of snow! I especially like this comment by TotemLake:
I'm making the rare move to count this as an ATTENDED WITH PRIDE to have worked as hard with a great bunch of people in the Geocaching community and with a very impressively energetic organization such as the SCA.
The members promise to post more photos and videos later, which I will link to here, so stay tuned. THANK YOU, Washington Geocachers!!

No comments: