Here's an easy way to put in a few hours as a volunteer! Every year, the National Park Service hands out survey forms at primary visitor contact centers around Mount Rainier. These surveys help us to monitor how well we're meeting visitor needs, and to get a sense of where and how to improve. Survey time slots are 4 hours long, though during the busy summer period it usually doesn't take the whole time period to go through a stack of forms. Surveyors simply need to stand in a predetermined location at a set time and ask a random selection of visitors if they'd be willing to take a survey form, which can be mailed back at their convenience.
If you're interested in helping, please RSVP right away to Kevin_Bacher@nps.gov so that we can set up our schedule. We'll follow up with more details about where to go and what to do. Here's the 2014 Survey Schedule -- and thank you for your help!
2014 Survey Schedule
- Sunrise, Friday 7/4/2014, 10:30AM-2:30PM
- Paradise, Saturday 7/5/2014, 12:30PM-4:30PM
- Ohanapecosh, Sunday 7/6/2014, 12:30PM-4:30PM
- Longmire, Monday 7/14/2014, 12:00PM-4:00PM
- Longmire, Thursday 7/17/2014, 12:30PM-4:30PM
- Paradise, Wednesday 7/23/2014, 9:00AM-1:00PM
- Ohanapecosh, Tuesday 7/25/2014, 9:00AM-1:00PM
- Sunrise, Saturday 7/26/2014, 3:00PM-7:00PM