As you know from previous blog entries, our revegetation program has more than 130,000 plants to put into the ground at Paradise before the snow flies, or as many as we can manage with volunteer help. We are still looking for volunteer groups who can help out; and individual volunteers are welcome to drop in and volunteer on any date when groups are scheduled.
Here are the current dates on the calendar:
- Saturday September 19 and Sunday September 20 - [UPDATED] Join Nisqually Middle School! Individual drop-in volunteers are welcome both Saturday and Sunday.
- Saturday September 26 - National Public Lands Day. The Mount Rainier National Park Associates will be working at Paradise; all other volunteers are welcome to join them! More details about NPLD will be coming out shortly.
- Sunday September 27 - No groups have signed up yet. We will plant on this date only if a group signs up.
- Saturday October 3 - REI employees will be volunteering, so individual drop-in volunteers are also welcome.
- Sunday October 4 - No groups have signed up yet. We will plant on this date only if a group signs up.
If you'd like to sign up as a group, please contact Will Arnesen at 360-569-2211 ext. 3374, or Will_Arnesen@nps.gov. Will can also answer any questions you may have. If you'd like to volunteer as an individual, you can drop in at the site of the old Jackson Visitor Center at Paradise on any of the dates when groups are working, currently September 26 and/or October 3. If you need overnight camping any of these dates, contact Nick Abel at Nicholas_Abel@partner.nps.gov.