Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Preparing for the Cooperative Conservation Workshop

I'm preparing for a short presentation at the Cooperative Conservation Workshop in Washington D.C. next Tuesday. My challenge is to come up with a PowerPoint presentation lasting five minutes or less that introduces our volunteer program and the success it achieved through our partnerships with the Student Conservation Association and the Northwest Parks and Public Lands Storm Recovery Coalition last summer. That's a challenge! We were so successful that it's hard to boil down to 5 minutes. Here's what I've come up with. It's 28 slides, but I think if I move through them briskly and resist the urge to enthuse over the people and projects pictured in every image, it'll probably meet the criteria...

I'm looking forward to my trip to Washington D.C., meeting all the other Cooperative Conservation Award winners, and hearing about their projects. It sounds like key people in the agency could be there, including Secretary Kempthorne, and maybe even some of our members of Congress. What a great opportunity to promote the important work of volunteers in our National Parks and other public lands!

No comments: