Tuesday, March 11, 2008

National Park Storm Damage: Get your voice heard

From the Washington Trails Association's "Signposts" blog:

"As I make my rounds in Olympia and Washington DC on behalf of our members, I'm frequently asked about the state of our National Parks and Forests in the wake of the 2006 and 2007 storms. It's difficult to convey what happened on those parks in a few words, but I always try to pass on the fact that Mount Rainier, in particular, has benefited from a groundswell of public support in the form of advocacy, coordination and sweat equity. On Monday evening, March 17, you'll have the opportunity to learn more about what happened, what's been done and how to help more. Along the way, you'll have the opportunity to make your voice heard by some of the people who have the power to preserve our parks and forests for the long term. I urge you to take advantage of that opportunity...."

No comments: