Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Meadow Rover Notes



First, I would like to thank all of you who attended the training sessions on June 13th and 14th.  I was overwhelmed by the response and the eagerness of both the new and returning rovers.  We gave Crow 57 new rover agreements and 65 returning!  A few of you did not turn in the volunteer agreement and will need to do so if you have not signed a new agreement since last year.

To date, I have held orientation for 15 new rovers at Paradise with 3 more scheduled for this weekend.  Lynn has also had several new rovers at Sunrise and they have been open less than a week!
For those of you who have done your orientation and completed your first solo rove, please remind me you have earned your “Meadow Rover” patch!  If I have forgotten to give it to you…feel free to tell me.  I am another year older after-all.
The weather is definitely hot – even at Paradise and Sunrise.  Please bring extra water, sunscreen, and bug repellant.  Your health and safety is paramount.

PARADISE PARKING

Crazy as usual!  Your best bet is to try the lower lot or picnic area.  If you wish to ride up with Interp crew, they leave at 8:45 and 11:30 from the Field Office.  The first shift generally has room for 3-4, the second 2-3.  I can take 2-3 with me around 9.  Please let me know ahead of time so I will wait for you.  Return times are around 5 and after 7pm.

TRAILS –
The Paradise trail crew has been working to rope troublesome areas and prevent damage.  They are constantly checking with me to hear of any reports from Rovers regarding trail conditions or hot spots.  Feel free to leave these on my desk or on the white board.  Sunrise Rovers can also leave reports with Lynn.

It has been a wonderful start to the summer.  So far visitor contacts have been very positive and the general population quite friendly.  So come on out and have some fun.  Thanks for being so positive about the job you do.

Maureen McLean
Coordinator MORA Meadow Rovers
360-569-2035

No comments: