Even though the dark days of winter are still here, for some of us the planning for spring and summer is well underway. For the Mount Rainier National Park Associates that planning includes setting aside days to work as volunteers at Mount Rainier National Park. This year MRNPA will be conducting six volunteer work parties at Mount Rainier: four days of doing trail maintenance and two days we think of as "alpine gardening" doing weeding and planting. MRNPA invites you to join us for a day or two of volunteer work, donating your time and effort, but also enjoying the amazing place that is Mount Rainier National Park and the company of a group of people who love that place.
Please join us on any, or all, of the following dates. The actual locations will be determined by park staff about two weeks before the volunteer work party.
- April 28th doing trail maintenance (a great day to get that first spring outing at Mount Rainier)
- May 19th doing trail maintenance
- June 16th doing trail maintenance
- July 14th doing exotic plant removal (weeding) along the Westside Road
- August 11 doing trail maintenance, followed by a pot luck dinner, and an overnight camp for the volunteers who have worked that day
- September 8 planting wildflower seedlings to re-establish alpine meadows in areas that years ago were a campground near Sunrise
Mount Rainier National Park Associates